Monday 17 December 2018

I did not choose

I did not choose my Birth, My parents did, but still took birth!
I didn't choose my name, My parents choose, but still am attached to it!
I didn't choose my religion, my birth into my family did it, but still accepted it and attached to it,  without questioning!
I didn't choose to go to school, My parents choose, I followed!
I didn't choose my profession, Circumstances decided it, I followed!
Married,  raised a family as per the societal norms and also to satisfy personal, social and psychologiacal needs and aspirations.
Most of the time you never realize , you are living the life that is choosen by people around you and not your original Choice.
Nobody raised any objections or raised doubts for all the above , because it was normal.
When ,ultimately, I  'choose' to be myself and become 'free' from the choices being made on behalf of me, the world raised eyebrows and questioned my 'choice'.
The world around you always want  you to conform to it, at all costs. Very few around you encourage questioning the norm. Anyone, who questions the norm is branded weird, thereby killing the natural Inquiry nature of the individual.
But, it is never too late to realize and come out of the cage one is in and experience the real happiness, peace and freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment